Sand & Stone Beach Cottage
Sleeps 2-4. Perfect for couples or families of four. Explore the Olympic Peninsula, day trip to Seattle or Olympia.
Sleeps 2 to 4:
- 1 King bedroom
- 1 Queen bed in living room
- Electric glass top range
- Full-sized refrigerator
- Hand mixer
- Coffee maker, grinder and fresh whole-bean French roast coffee
- Dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, pots, and pans
- Dining table and chairs off the kitchen
- Two big comfy sofas
- Flat screen TV for movies (no television reception)
- Game board side tables and game pieces to entertain you
- Thermostat controlled gas fireplace
- Electric heat and air conditioning
- With Shower
- Plenty of towels
Washer | Dryer
- 2 single kayaks to use during your entire stay ~ complimentary
- Life jackets | Paddles
- Paddle boat with paddles
- Sand buckets, shovels, molds for the kids and kids at heart!
- The astounding views from the living room and front patio include Puget Sound, Pickering Passage, the Hartstein Island bridge, waterfowl, eagles, ducks, and on occasion an orca
- Deer frequent the property
- Take the kayaks out for a gentle paddle around Puget Sound’s Pickering Passage or venture further to Hope Island State Park
- The private beach has both areas of gravel and sand.
- Find solitude on the front patio that includes a dining table and two lounge chairs.
- Gas BBQ grill,
Things to do:
Take walk through the quiet neighborhood
Stop at Taylor Shellfish on your way to Sand & Stone Beach Cottage to pick up fresh oysters, mussels and clams
Take day trips to Seattle, Port Townsend, Poulsbo
- Watch the tide go in and out. Observe the wildlife, the water fowl, the deer in the yard.
Take the kayaks out to sea
Enjoy the views from your patio
Explore your private beach.
- Observe the wildlife
- Take a short kayak trip
- But most of all relax, slow down, and reconnect with your loved ones.
The queen bed in the living room, or on warm days, the patio is the perfect spot for a morning cup of coffee. Watch the day wake up as the ducks and flocks of gulls enter the scene. In the evening twilight admire the sea views colored in sepia. Take in the evening, and chatter with your loved ones as you sip a glass of wine, a cocktail, or your favorite beverage. Mix the laughs with serious conversation. The sea air has the ability to whisk your soul into a shared divine space, to lift you toward heavenly skies.
Connect with those you love.
A long lush leafy drive lined with firs and cedars leads you to Sand & Stone Beach Cottage.
Suddenly, straight ahead you’ll see the water and the little romantic cottage. Beyond the quaint soft salmon-colored front door you’ll find a stylish living space with high ceilings and large windows, filling the room with natural light and capturing the mesmerizing Sound views.
The Living Area: There is an air of romance. Breathe in the salty sea air and let the lofty drifts lift you even higher. Slow down. The moments are washed by the gentle waves of Puget Sound. It is a time for dreaming, for allowing yourself to see and hear the rhythms of nature. The tides come and go. The gulls sour above and the ducks on the water dive for their meal. If you are lucky you may even see the Orcas.
The kitchen has a chic farmhouse style with plenty of white shaker cabinets, a farm-style sink, an electric glass-top stove, and a full-sized refrigerator. The cupboards are stocked with plenty of cooking utensils, pots, pans, and dishes. A drip coffee maker comes complete with whole-bean French Roast Coffee and a grinder.
The dining area has four chairs and a vintage artistically painted dining table.
In the bedroom, you’ll find a king-size bed dressed with fresh linens, extra pillows, and a lush comforter. There is also a queen-sized bed in the living room to accommodate a second couple or children.
The one bathroom has a shower.
Much of the art is done by owner Catharine Gallagher. All paintings are available for purchase, either originals or prints. Please inquire.